Re: Does Squid Support Realaudio at any condition?

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:31:18 +0200

At 10:12 16.09.99 -0000, big_tiger@263.net wrote:
>Dancer tell me that Squid support only http-style RA stream.

Yes. Squid is a HTTP proxy, nothing else.

>and the same to other kind of proxy.

No. Only for other kind of *HTTP* proxy.

>If it is the truth,does it mean that I can only listen http-style RA through
>proxy?

No. You can install the RealAudio proxy.

>If it's not the truth,then how should I configure Squid to support any style RA?

Squid cannot do that. You need another proxy for that.
Squid proxies HTTP connections, the RealAudio proxy
proxies RealAudio connections. If you want to support
yet another application protocol (for example, NNTP for
Usenet news) you'll have to install yet another proxy.
Each protocol needs its own proxy.

Hope that helps.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)