cache size

From: Rajesh Bandar <rajesh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:25:48 +1000 (EST)

Hi

I am running squid-2.2. Initially I had cache_dir size as 100MB. Later I changed
it to 2GB. But proxy became very solw. I mean when I browse some web site it
takes loner time to load the page. Is it something to do with the cache_dir
size.

cache_dir /opt/local/squid/cache 100 16 256
cache_mem 32 MB
cache_swap_low 90
cache_swap_high 95
maximum_object_size 4096 KB

Please tell me what is the recommended cache_dir size. Is it okay if I change
the cache_dir size and restart squid (either reduce the size or increase).

I really appreciate if someone can reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Rajesh.