Re: cache size

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:17:14 +0200

Rajesh Bandar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running squid-2.2. Initially I had cache_dir size as 100MB. Later I changed
> it to 2GB. But proxy became very solw.

Your proxy machine probably runs out of memory. The larger your cache
is, the more memory Squid needs. See the Squid FAQ.

> cache_mem 32 MB

32 is a very high value for cache_mem. I'd recommend you to change this
to something in the range of 2 - 8 MB depending on how much memory you
have in the box. See again the Squid FAQ.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker