Re: NCSA authenticator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:27:28 +0200

alessandro arciero wrote:

> my squid works fine with "authenticate_program" and NCSA aut., but now I
> need an authenticator that read shadow passwords

If your system supports PAM (i.e. most Linux systems and Solaris 7) then
you may be able to use my PAM module for Squid. It allows Squid to
authenticate against any PAM available authentication source, which
obviously includes shadow passwords.

The module is available from my Squid page
<http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>, and will be included in Squid 2.3
(is already in the current development release).

If your system does not support PAM then it should be quite easy to take
the getpwnam module and adopt it to shadow passwords. (also the getpwnam
module is available in the current 2.3 development release).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker