Re: Authentication problem

From: Nick Sparkes <Nick_Sparkes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:17:39 +0100

Hello out there,

We are currently looking at Squid as a replacement Proxy Server, but one of the things my boss would like is some way of telling which user is accessing the Internet. Would I be right in thinking that using the acl list is the only way of authenticating at present?

We are a Novell House and users authenticate to a NDS tree when they first log in, and they are allocated an IP address using DHCP servers (either Novell or NT).

Ideally I would like to integrate the authentication with NDS, absolutely no idea if this is possible. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Nick.

The information in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for use by the addressee. Any view expressed are those of the individual sender and not of ADAS unless otherwise stated.
This message has been checked for known virus.
ADAS Postmaster
Postmaster@adas.co.uk