Re: Unauthorised use of Cache

From: Maciej Kozinski <Maciej.Kozinski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:40:32 +0200 (CEST)

Raymond Brighenti:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to know if it was just me who this happens to.
>
> While checking the Cache Client List I have notice a huge amount of IP
> addresses which are not ours (of course they are denied because they are in
> the Deny list). From doing a trace route to a few I have noticed they are
> coming from all over the world, not just one location.
>
> Should I be worried?

Yes and no.
You shouldn't be worried about it because they are properly blocked :) You
should worry about that because too many people know about your cache and try
to use it to abuse the others ;)

Regards,
Maciej

--
           Maciej Kozinski         http://www.uck.uni.torun.pl/~maciek/
	   Remember: Un*x _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about