Re: always_direct not working

From: Spidaman The Defenestrator <spidaman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:41:32 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, but once the squid has looked at it, the mime type could be part of
the cache record; the cache may store that it's seen this request before
but, since it's mime type is text/html and we're configured to pass
through a la

acl is_html mimetype_regex text/html

the requests are passed through not bassed on what the request _looks_
like but what it's proven to _be_ once it's been examined. Seems
reasonable to me, though admittedly I haven't the wherewithall now to code
a squid patch to enable this behavior :)
-Ian

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

--
Salon Internet 				http://www.salon.com/
  HTTP mechanic, Perl diver, Mebwaster, Some of the above