Re: ICP differences between 2.1 and 2.2?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:03:10 +0200

Marc Nicholas wrote:

> We we migrated to Squid2.2S4 we suddenly found that the previous behaviour
> changed and Squid now tries to fetch pages directly rather than through
> the SatBoost system.

How is the relations between Squid and the SatBoost set up?

From your description it sounds like the SatBoost system is a parent to
Squid?

If so, possible causes include

* ICP query timeouts
* Non-hierarchical request types

Unless the SatBoost requires the use of ICP, I'd recommend using a
non-ICP parent peering relation.

cache_peer no-query option
prefer_direct off

This will send most request thru the SatBoost system. However some
non-hierarchical requests may bypass it. To overcome this you can use
the never_direct option, but then Squid will fail if the SatBoost system
fails.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker