ICP differences between 2.1 and 2.2?

From: Marc Nicholas <marc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:50:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi...

We were using Squid 2.1P2 at a customers site. The customer has a
"SatBoost" system that requires we configure Squid to always query the
SatBoost via ICP and fetch all pages through the SatBoost (hope this makes
sense).

We we migrated to Squid2.2S4 we suddenly found that the previous behaviour
changed and Squid now tries to fetch pages directly rather than through
the SatBoost system.

This is a problem as the cache is on the end of a satellite link and the
SatBoost helps considerably with satellite performance and latency.

Was there a change between ICP behaviour in these two versions of Squid?
We've tried setting the SatBoost as an ICP parent with both noquery and
default options, but still can't get Squid2.2S4 to behave as 2.1P2 did.

Any suggestions or pointers welcome...again, we effectively need to use
the SatBoost as a gateway proxy...

TIA.

-marc