Re: DHCP and ACL's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:31:36 +0200

Joerg Klaas wrote:

> I heard someone saying that it is possible to use the Wins-names
> (and/or Mac-addresses) that MS-DHCP assigns to each IP-Address.

The Microsoft NT DNS server can be configured to resolve WINS names on
zone misses..

Squid supports MAC based ACL's on some platforms. The distributed code
is only enabled on Linux, but it works beautifully on Solaris as well
and should not be very hard to adopt to other system types if you know a
little C programming and how to dig around in manual pages and system
include files..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker