Re: Squid 1.NOVM.20 to Squid 2.2STABLE4 problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:34:28 +0200

Stephane Marzloff wrote:

> But, with Squid 2, now, the connexions :
> LAN -> Web server (when request for "www.carif-idf.org") missed.
>
> I have a "detected loop" in the cache.log, and the request is never passed.

Sounds like your Squid is running as an accelerator for a local web
server, and your redirect script is not redirecting your users requests
to the backend server.

See your access.log file. It will contain two entries for each such
failing request, showing that Squid contacted itself while trying to
fetch the object.

Recommended action:
Work on your redirector script to properly redirect the requests to the
real web server.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker