how to use squid in accelerator mode to request a url with /path/ path appended

From: Barnett, Peter <Peter.Barnett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:00:23 -0400

We are using squid in accelerator modeto protect the identity of a server
inside a firewall. Names are changed to protect the innocent.

The actual host is CICS on a mainframe: the URL is like this--
200.10.20.10:82/blah/blah2/blah3

From the internet we can get to it by addressing the outside proxy server
http://232.229.1.2:80/blah/blah2/blah3 where 232.229.1.2 is the outside
proxy.

The outside proxy only forwards this request to the firewall, maps to an
inside proxy. What we want to do is to hide the path from the outside world.

In httpd_accel there is an option for host and for port but no option for a
path.
We tried writing a redirect script and it works for ip's and ports but when
you add the path to the mapping it does not know what to do.

Does squid have the capability, in accelerator mode, to rewrite an ip

Peter Barnett, HBO