squid and cable ISP's

From: Federico Figueroa C. <ffiguero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:07:29 +0600 (GMT)

        I'm setting a cable ISP for one way cable modems and I'll like to
know if there's a way to tell squid to answer the requests using another
interface. I mean, using only one computer as proxy, with two interfaces,
one into the Internet and the other to the cable data transmiter, so the
client make the request using the dial-up to Internet from any ISP with
dynamic IPs, then squid grabs the web page or file from the Internet using
the same interface, and then send it to the data transmiter so the user
can get his web page from the cable modem.
        I don't really understand the tcp_outgoing_address and
udp_outgoing_addres optoins, are them there for this kind of situation?
        Maybe I can forward (using IP-Chains or something) the ports squid
use for the answers to the interface that goes to the data transmiter, but
I'm not sure what tcp ports it uses for this, I suppose they are a pool of
ports, but I don't know from where to where the pool goes or is the same
port used for the incoming requests (3128). Can anybody tellme what's the
pool of ports, or somebody have a better idea.
        Please cc: me, because I'm not in this list yet, I just send the
request, but I'm in a hurry and I really need to know this.

TIA

   Federico Figueroa C. .~.
   Universidad Latina de CR /V\ L I N U X
   Proyectos Especiales // \ >Don't fear the penguin<
   Departamento de Cómputo /( )\
                                   ^^-^^
 /*In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates*/