20GB IDE and Redhat 6.0

From: barneys <barneys@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 99 11:34:16 +1000

We are looking at building a squid proxy using 2 IDE drives, a 3.2GB for Redhat 6.0 and Squid and a 20.4GB Quantum hard disk for the cache.

Redhat 6.0 is the OS that we know so it is our preferred option. Is there any major problems with using redhat 6.0 with squid? Is there any tricks or changes that we should make for squid to run reliably?

Bearing in mind that we expect the proxy to only have about 30-50 concurrent sessions at a time. Does anyone see anything wrong with using a 20GB IDE drive for the cache?

Thanks
Craig