Starting squid automatically at boot as another user...

From: Danny de Klark <danny.de.klark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:46:39 +0200

Hi all,

I want to start squid automatically when my system boots.
I know by reading the FAQ's how it's done, but read this :

Normally I start squid by hand by first doing: -su <normal user> ( not root
)
and then type /usr/local/squid/bin/squid.
When I run squid as root it won't work, but that's normal.

If I want to start squid at boottime under another account as root, what
line ( if neccessary at all ???? ) must I put in the startup-script to first
switch to the other useraccount and after that start squid in a way that it
runs normal ???.

Hope someone knows a solution....

Bye,
Danny