Fatal config error

From: Pentium <pentium@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:11:29 +0100

We are trying to install squid on a large DEC Alpha system running Tru-
Unix 4.0b. Compilation and configuration went without a hitch but
startup continuously fails with fatal error

FATAL : unknown cache_dir type '/squidcache'

Looking into code it appears that program cannot recognise /squidcache
as an ufs directory. We newfs'd an ufs partition on a new 2gb disk and
/squidcache is its mountpoint.
We confirm that /squidcache exists and is owned by/grouped to the
effective user entries (which are both httpd).
Can anybody help us to overcome this problem please?
Thanks
stuart mckenzie

--
Pentium