RE: What is the capacity of a Squid server?

From: Williams Jon <WilliamsJon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:28:44 -0500

We're running a couple of beefy Solaris boxes in a failover and
load-balancing configuration that supports around 40,000 users at a tune of
an average 2 million hits a day. This works out to a peak five minute
average of 50 requests/second, although I've seen that go up as high as 150
under or real load and the system has handled a continuous 300/second for 10
hours strait using Polygraph as the benchmark driver. Granted, we've tuned
it quite a bit and have thrown expensive hardware at it, but it is still
just the base compile of Squid (2.2STABLE3) with nothing special done to it.
25-30 users should be no problem for it at all.

Jon