What is the capacity of a Squid server?

From: Bill Delphenich <bdelph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:32:49 -0400

I am considering using Squid as my proxy server for HTTP and FTP for my
company LAN. I have a Caldera Linux v2.2 test server running Squid and
IP Masquerading and I have a few users accessing the Internet with it
just fine.

My concern is the maximum capacity of this server. I haven't been able
to find any information about this anywhere. Is it asking too much to
send 25 or 30 users through this server every day, including some fairly
sizeable FTP uploads and downloads? Should I be looking at something
more "industrial-strength"?