Re: Sequential sever?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 15:30:48 +0200

David J N Begley wrote:

> So.. if Squid/2.2.STABLE5 running async-io is "acceptably stable" for a
> production proxy cache, would you recommend people *not* install Squid/2.3
> (when released) until such time as a replacement for async-io is made
> production-ready?

async-io in 2.3 may perform somewhat like a unpatched 2.2.STABLE4 (if
all new bugs get pruned out in time that is). However, many of my
current async-io improvements will not be ported to 2.3.

You should at least try it in a test system (with load) before deploying
it in a main production cache. The store I/O routines in Squid 2.3 is
quite redesigned, and not that many people are working on or testing the
async-io code in 2.3.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker