RE: Sequential sever? 2.3 with async I/O quite stable

From: Walter Klomp <walter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:07:26 +0800

I'm running squid 2.3DEVEL2 Async I/O with all available patches for a few
weeks already. It seems very stable. That is, it doesn't crash (at least one
of my machines is up already for 2 weeks... :-) The other, identical one,
restarts so now and then (once every 2-3 days / but then 2.2STABLE4 did that
as well :-), but causing no disruption... I like the performance of 2.3
Async I/O... easily handles 600 hits/min...

Both Running Linux 2.2.12, on 256M memory and 3 x 6Gb IDE harddisk on a
Pentium Pro 200 (CPU overkill)...

Walter Klomp