Yet Another INVALID URL

From: Rich Quinn <rquinn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 19:55:49 -0700

Hi,

I have been getting that dreaded "INVALID URL" Error. Let me preface by
saying that I've read the FAQ and have combed through a good portion of the
archives(where the subject contained the string: "INVALID URL").

My URL is this: newsss.sight-n-sound.com

It works fine when squid is turned off. I am assuming that squid does NOT
have a problem with the dashes(-) in the URL. If indeed it does have a
problem? Is there a way to escape them?

Like I said, when I turn squid on, it does not work and I get that "INVALID
URL" Error. I have enterred it manually so as to make sure there are no
white spaces. I even turned the URI Whitespace switch to "allow" just to
make sure.

When I try to access that URL, I get the message at the bottom of this
email. The only odd thing I notice is that squid seems to be adding the
"/" at the end of my request.

when I request: newsss.sight-n-sound.com
My browser comes back with: newsss.sight-n-sound.com/
in the URL window

Any ideas?

thanks,

Rich

Here is my variation of the error message that I have
seen many others post to the list:
ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: /

The following error was encountered:

       Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

       Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
       Missing hostname
       Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
       Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

Generated Tue, 05 Oct 1999 01:57:12 GMT by newsss.sight-n-sound.com
(Squid/2.2.S TABLE4)