Re: Yet Another INVALID URL

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:47:52 -1000

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 07:55:49PM -0700, Rich Quinn wrote:
> I have been getting that dreaded "INVALID URL" Error. Let me preface by
> saying that I've read the FAQ and have combed through a good portion of the
> archives(where the subject contained the string: "INVALID URL").
>
> My URL is this: newsss.sight-n-sound.com
>
> It works fine when squid is turned off.

  Not from here, with or without squid. In fact, authoritative DNS for
the domain says that that host name does not exist (no A record.)

  I suggest that you look at your DNS for the domain closely, before
going any further.

(news.sight-n-sound.com seems to work fine, with or without Squid.)

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.