Re: Squid 2.3/WCCP/Sun Solaris

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:21:54 +0800

Asim Kamran wrote:
> Dear Mr. Robertson,
> I saw your mail on squid mailing list.
> On which platform did you install squid ?
> We are trying to work it out on Sun Solaris 2.6 . We had run ./configure
> without any options. Squid starts and dyies by giving FATAL:Segment
> Violation error.
> We are unable to find its solution on FAQ or web resources.

That's because Squid 2.3 is in developers release phase and hence doesn't
have support on squid-users or in the FAQ.

> We have to configure it because we need support of WCCP which is only
> availabe in squid 2.3.

If you believe you can help with the development of squid then you should
install squid 2.3 and communicate with the developers. If not, then you
should wait until it reaches release.

> Urgent help of all the members needed.

"all the members" of what? You are requesting the urgent help of all the
squid users and developers? Then I hope they all respond to you telling
you to use the stable, released versions of squid.

David.