Squid access controls

From: Garry Byrne <garry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 23:14:17 +1000

Hi all,

I am a newbie to the list and also new to trying to administering squid.

I am upgrading my ISP service to digital and want to make the change over
to the new server as easy as possible for my clients. (both new and old
servers have are running squid for proxy)

The old server is in a different location on different IP's. What I wish
to do is change the dns of my old proxy to equal my new proxy, and have the
IP range of the old server banned from the new server and then have squid
on new server that is denying access direct clients to my upgrade web page
that provides the details on the new dial in number etc.

I know this can be done but I am not having much luck and would really
appreciate any help and advice offered on configuring squid to do this.

Thanks
Garry

Garry
Garry Byrne
Highway Internet Services ACN: 088 130 269
Part of the LiSP Group http://www.lisp.com.au
Servicing the Dubbo, Mudgee & Coonabarabran areas of LiSP
Enquiries 02 63723645
garry@lisp.com.au

Regards