memory usage ...

From: Marc G. Fournier <marc.fournier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:09:47 -0300 (ADT)

I have my cache set to 128MB on a 512MB machine...things are running
*great*, we hit 10k requests over the past hour this morning...most
impressed, considering we just turned things on...

one thing I'm curious about is how much of that 128MB cache am I using?

For instance, I'm making an assumption that squid doesn't load up that
space until its full before it starts to dump stuff to disk...that it
times out the data after a period of inactivity of that 'object'...so
that, with enough RAM, I could theoretically keep that 'memory cache'
below 100% utilization ...

So, anything similar to the dnsserver stats that just gives a simple
summary/percentage used?

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier@acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"