Unable to create TCP Socket

From: Garth Tier <gtier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:44:25 +0930

Hello

Now I am pretty sure that this is not a problem with squid but it is squid that is returning this error to the client machine.

Any ideas? I have looked through the archives and I can find no reference to this particular problem.

ERROR
While trying to retrieve the URL: <any url>
The following error was encountered:
Socket Failure
The system returned:
    (99) Cannot assign requested address
Squid is unable to create a TCP socket, presumably due to excessive load. Please retry your request.
Generated Sat, 09 Oct 1999 16:53:32 GMT by ashs2.ccnt.com.au (Squid/2.2.STABLE4)

The cache log is showing an attempt to connect to <Url>:0 and yes I can ping the loopback interface.

Best Regards

Garth Tier
Centre Computing NT Pty Ltd
PO Box 9199, Alice Springs NT 0871
1st Floor, 5 Hartley Street, Alice Springs NT 0870
Tel (08) 89535722 Fax (08) 89535733