RE: Problems with choosing faster parent cache!

From: Daniel E. Visbal <daniel.visbal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 13:50:38 -0500

What I see different is that you have the squid for the slow connection on
the same machine, have you tried to setup the fast on this one, instead of
the slow one?. Since I believe the calculation of closest also include the
time within the machines, maybe this is making the difference.
Maybe you can be able to setup all three on the same one. (Faster processor
or dual processors maybe required, plus a good amount of memory).

I still think that it will better if you have the cache on the users
machine, you can try with the option "no_cache" on fast and slow. And have
the biggest space on the user.
# TAG: no_cache
# A list of ACL elements which, if matched, cause the reply to
# immediately removed from the cache. In other words, use this
# to force certain objects to never be cached.
acl alldest dst 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
no_cache alldest deny

Daniel E Visbal