Re: URGENT HELP

From: Venkatesh . K <genisys@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:44:02 +051800

On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 08:25:38PM +0330, MEHRDAD FATEMI wrote:
> URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT
>
> Hi
> we are planning to use squid cache/proxy system in our ISP,
> we have a Zaknet Server installed on NT with microsoft Proxy server,
> I'd like to know:
> 1) how squid forwards packets to zak server/please note our client's IPs
> will be invalid...I would thank you if you guid me on configuration

All you need to do is tell squid box that zak server is your gateway.

> 2)how will be the FTP/IRC/MAIL/REAL AUDIO services,because right now
> we assign valid IP's to our clients in our router(CISCO 2511)

Since you are using valid IP addresses, you should not face any problems.
But web browsers can be configured to use squid as proxy for ftp
also unless you are planning to configure squid box as a transperent
proxy.

--
Venkatesh. K
** +91-80-3481315 ** +91-80-3481443 **