short and simple question re: automatic submission of passwords

From: Josh Kuperman <josh.kuperman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:56:03 -0400

I apologize for rambling a bit in earlier posts on this subject. My problem
comes down to two question.

If I just need to add the login and password for three or four URLs, when
will the following adaptation of the perl script blow up in my face? This
is an adaptation of the example in the FAQ, of course.

#!/usr/bin/perl
  $|=1;
  while (<>) {

s/http:\/\/corp.com\/secure\//http:\/\/login:password\@corp.com\/secure\//;
    print;
  }

If I need to fill out a more complex form how can I capture it. What is the
easiest way to capture what is going back and forth when a site is using
some more complex method of authentication? See
http://www.consumerreports.com/ and look at the gyrations for the site
subscriber login. if you're interested.

--
Josh Kuperman        Saratoga Springs Public Library
sar_kuper@sals.edu   49 Henry St