Re: short and simple question re: automatic submission of passwords

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:46:05 +0200

Josh Kuperman wrote:

> If I just need to add the login and password for three or four URLs, when
> will the following adaptation of the perl script blow up in my face?

This method will work for all Basic HTTP authentication sites. Any user
supplied credentials will override what this script inserts.

It will blow up in your face if you have a non-Squid2 parent where
requests are forwarded.

> If I need to fill out a more complex form how can I capture it.

???

Normal HTTP authentication is not form based, it is part of the
protocol.

If you are thinking about authentication to sites providing
authentication based on HTML forms and cookies then there is not much
Squid can do to help, except that you can play some magic with using a
redirector which redirects the login page to a local CGI script which
makes an automated login request to the server and returns the cookie to
the client.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker