Re: TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:33:28 +0200

Chris Singer wrote:

> I found this in my access log and I was wondering if anyone knew what it was
> or why it happened?

You get this when Squid thinks it has an object on disk, but the file
isn't there. Due to a small race condition in how objects are replaced
this can happen in normal operation. If you are in doubt then bring the
Squid machine off line and run a fsck to verify the filesystem
integrity. Also, watch you cache.log, if it is caused by other errors
then there should be a notice in cache.log giving an indication of why.

There is no noticeable negative performance impact from this error
unless you get a lot (in % of the number of requests received) of them.
The performance is that of a TCP_MISS with a additional open operation
to try to open the non-existing disk object.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker