Problems with children caches

From: Roger Pen~a Escobio <roger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:51:21 -0400 (EDT)

hello all squid users and gurus :-)

we have problems with our children cache, their users are getting the
error page "ERR_CANNOT_FORWARD", that sounds like our squid can't answer
that request (all our children MUST forward all their request to our proxy
because they are behind a firewall) maybe because it is charge but from
cachemgr.cgi it doesn't look like that and the normal request, i mean from
local users, are OK and are send to the user quickly.
for example, there are 120000-150000 request per day to our proxy, 15000
of them are from other proxys, we plan that other squid proxy start
forwarding their request to us so how can i fix this problems ?, how can i
increase the number of icp request that our squid can serves ?
for example from 1 request/second ----> 3 request/second, at least for
request from other squid cache.

can anybody give me some light?

Thanks