Re: corrupted cache

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:47:22 -0600

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Phillip Morgan wrote:

> Of course, squid now has lost track all the objects in the cache (I only
> just filled it up after ugrading from 2.0), and I'd really like to be
> able to re-index the objects if at all possible. My telco charges like a
> wounded bull, and the $$ difference between a full cache and a new cache
> is enormous.

The swap.state file is the index file.

If you think that there are objects on the disk which are
not in the swap.state file, then you should:

        1) kill squid
        2) rm swap.state
        3) start squid

Squid will traverse the cache directories and rebuild
itself from the actual cache files on disk. This could
take a long time, so be patient.

Duane W.