Re: Dnsserver problem on STABLE5 ?

From: Charles Bruneteau <charles.bruneteau.sysicom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:34:11 +0200

Duane Wessels wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Charles Bruneteau wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > it seems that since i move to 2.2STABLE5 my proxies can resolve only FQDN :
>
> There was a dnsserver bug fixed in 2.2.STABLE5. The bug allowed your
> unqualified name lookup to succeed in earlier versions.

I turned on the option dns_defnames in squid.conf and it seems to work.
Dnssserver processes have the -D option.

However on our Solaris 2.6 boxes this option may not be needed : if the domain
in the resolv.conf file is a FQDN (with a final dot), the name service door is
used ... and the search domain tree also.

Charles Bruneteau