Re: authentification

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 01:55:03 +0200

Thomas Peruzzi wrote:

> subdirectories I should create for the cache if I want to have about 36 GB
> of Squid-Cache-Space.

My recommendation is to stick with the default L2 value of 256, and to
adjust the L1 value to make Squids object numbering fit without
wrapping.

L2 = 256
L1 = cache_dir_size / store_avg_object_size / L2 / L2 * 2

Higher values of L1 causes Squid to create more directories than it ever
uses, lesser values causes an imbalance in the object distribution.

However, I do not recommend having one huge 36GB partition unless it is
a 36GB drive. I'd recommend having one cache_dir for each physical
drive.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker