How to work without Internet connection

From: AUBORD Alain <Alain.Aubord@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:45:38 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,
   I have spent some time browsing documentation and FAQ without finding
solution to my problem.

I am trying to install squid to have a proxy-server behind an intermittent ppp
link to Internet. I would be interested to access the data in the cache when
the link is down (even if the data are out of date). It seems that a running
connection to internet is mandatory when asking for a document (at least to
verify if the document is up to date).

My question is "how to configure squid to retrieve an document in the cache
with no connection at all to Internet ?" (if that is possible).

Any help will be greatly appreciated ?

A.Aubord

My address:
  e-mail:Alain.Aubord@obs.unige.ch