Re: Authentication using standard /etc/passwd file

From: s leonard <ssl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:17:12 -0700

I am also in the process of setting up squid here at the university, and have
been following this listserv awhile, though I havent got squid installed yet.

I have one obvious comment... Since you say noone is going to use this machine
for login, etc,
you could create the /etc/passwd entries with shell set to /bin/false, and that
gives you an extra measure of security...

I have used this in the past for e-mail only accounts

--
shanna leonard
systems