Re: migrating from NT -> squid.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 23:30:25 +0200

Eric Surbey wrote:

> yes, I'm sorry. I meant MS Proxy. I'm sort of new at this. Anyone
> had any problems?

The main obstacle I have heard is the fact that Squid does not (yet)
support NTLM challenge/response authentication for transparent proxy
authentication when using Internet Exporer, and it is not as easy to
integrate virus checking.

Other things you should note is that Squid is only a HTTP proxy, meaning
that it only supports HTTP clients. Yes, it does support other protocols
than HTTP, but only when called from web clients.

So if you are looking for a web client proxy server, are not using NTLM
proxy authentication or integrated virus checking then there should be
no problems besides the wastly different operating (UNIX, not NT) and
configuarion environment (text files and build time options, no GUI).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker