Re: HELP! Cookie Problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:26:45 +0200

Ice World wrote:

> Henrik,
>
> We are not using any header filters - I have checked this.
> http://www.bigpond.com/Home/Support/Accounts/
> Without using squid the connection is fine and access is granted, when using
> squid and a username/password is entered it responds..
>
> "It appears that you are not accepting our session cookie!
> The session cookie is a dynamic cookie that gets removed automatically by
> your browser once you shut it down (or after 30 minutes of inactivity). Note
> you will keep getting this message until the session cookie is accepted.
>
> Thanks,
> Ice

Do you have an example where we other can actually test what is going
on? A protected side does us no good (unless we have access to it).

One thing I can think of is if the site indicates that the pages are
cachable. Squid will cache page contents but not cookies (from the old
and now outdated cookie specification by Netscape)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker