Re: Pragma no-cache in HEAD requests gets answered from the cache ?! Squid 2.2.-STABLE4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:04:10 +0200

Stanley.Hopcroft@ipaustralia.gov.au wrote:

> Please would you help me understand why my HEAD requests with Pragma no-cache
> return 200 codes when the cache's (Squid 2.2-STABLE4) link to the Internet has
> gone away ?

Are you using the offline mode of squid? If so, then any no-cache from
the client is ignored, as well as expiry times on objects..

Other configuration options which could affect this is if your are using
any of the reload-into-ims options (or ignore-reload)

My test system seems to honor client sent no-cache quite nicely even if
the origin site cannot be reached. I am not using any of these tweaking
options.

> The Cache shares a machine with an Apache Proxy server that gets all it's
> requests from Squid (the apache directive is ProxyRemote * localhost:3128).

Are you sending your HEAD request directly to Squid, or thru this Apache
proxy first?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker