Re: Our loner squid retrieiving unreqested mystery data

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:53:39 -0600 (MDT)

Marc,

        Is it possible that a single legitimate transfer from a user
saturated the link and slowed down other connections? For example,
somebody could be downloading a huge file or playing streaming media
through your proxy. If that is the case, you may want to look at delay
pools. The pools are designed to limit the bandwidth a single user (or a
group of users) can consume at a time. See delay pools description in
squid.conf and FAQ for details. (Note that negative byte hit ratios
are not necessarily related to this problem)

        If nobody on the list has a ready-to-use solution (I do not),
you may have to enable access logging to see what your Squid is actually
doing during when it is using all available bandwidth.

Alex.

P.S. Please do not post from <info@talent.com.au> address -- people get
spammed with auto-generated advertisement messages when replying to your
emails...