Re: negative_dns_ttl in STABLE5

From: Charles Bruneteau <charles.bruneteau.sysicom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:53:06 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Charles Bruneteau wrote:
>
> > Each time i reload for www.yahoo.com from my browser, my proxy asks a dnsserver
> > process for a resolution.
> >
> > Is this a bug or common behaviour ?
>
> It is a feature.
>
> "Pragma: no-cache" invalidates both object and DNS caches.

Are you certain of this Henrik ?

I modified a web server IP address and reported it in our DNS; then, even with
"Pragma: no-cache" , i was not able anymore to access the server. I verified
manually that dnsserver was reporting the new IP address. I guess ipcache was
still used.

I will try to reproduce this behaviour with debug info.

Actually squid -k reconfigure did not re-initialize the ip cache (don't know if
it should). I had to stop and restart squid.

Charles