Re: How do i get a report for one day activity for specific client?

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:15:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Fernando Medina Jr. wrote:

> I need to see what sites a certain machine accesed yesterday. I did
> grep of access.log and got the sites, but I would like to see the times
> of access. Is there a util that will convert Unix time to human
> readable? thanks,

Pipe the logfile through the following PERL script to convert the
times to something more human-friendly:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$|=1;

while (<>) {
        ($stime, @logline) = split(/\s/,$_);
        print scalar localtime($stime) . "@logline\n";
}

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users. It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."