2.2 Stable 4 and bigcharts.com w/ IE 5

From: <MattS@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:33:03 -0400

Hello everyone,

 Recently, I started recieving calls about a strange problem. my users,
attempting to go to marketwatch.com and schwab.com, found that thier CPU
usage shot up to 100% upon loading, if they were using IE 5. it remained so
until IE 5 was closed.

Looking further, I determined that the client was choking each time on an
image on each page, pulled from bigcharts.com.
Firing up IE (I hate the thing) I found that bigcharts.com causes the same
behavior.

If I set IE to use either no proxy (masq), a no caching proxy (apache), or
socks, it loads just fine. Apparently squid is causing this. But only to IE
5. not IE4, not Netscape.

Anyone else seen anything like this? I don't even know where to begin
troubleshooting.

Thanks,
  Matt