Sudden high load!

From: Tais M. Hansen <melancholy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:25:51 +0200

Hi!

I've noticed that Squid, after about a months uninterrupted run, suddenly takes all the CPU time it can get. It also gets extremely slow serving pages. Only killing and restarting Squid stops it from doing so. What's going on? - I've experienced this a couple of times now on my home Linux box, which is not permanently connected to the 'Net. I'm soon going to have Squid running on a live server, so it would be nice to be prepared for something like that to happen.

--
Tais M. Hansen