TCP_MEM_HIT status

From: Adrian Hill <teef@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Oct 99 19:39:02 EDT

Hello all,

I had to rebuild my cache today, and once done I started to look at some of
the statistics of the virgin cache. As I had to restart a few times, I noticed
that TCP_MEM_HITS only get returned if the original cached item was fetched
during the life of the process. If squid is restarted, and the same object
requested, it will always then be TCP_HIT (and therefore slower). Is this the
designed behaviour, or should the object be loaded into memory everytime it's
requested?

A.