Re: Cookie problems

From: Simon Greaves <Simon.Greaves@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:29:40 +1200

> > I too am having problems with sites using cookies and authentication.
> > The site states it is free for 'information workers' which kind of
> > sounds like squid developers to me... anyway, you should be able to
> > register from the following URL:
> >
> > http://www.thenutshell.co.uk/content/free/logon.html
> >
> > Symptoms are as described by "Ice World" in digest V99 #389, site works
> > fine from a direct connection but fails complaining about missing or
> > expired cookies when via squid. Also, the pages are being cached. Remote
> > server is M$ IIS I think...
>
> I was able to register without any problems, as you can perhaps
> see in the attached access.log entries.
>
> Maybe you, or an upstream cache is filtering out cookies or other
> important HTTP headers with Squid's "anonymization" features?

We had a power failure over the weekend which caused all equipment to be
rebooted. Now connections to the above site work. No changes were made
to the squid configuration, we're still using 'anonymization'.

One other point, during testing, I was manually removing cookies from
the cookie jar ($HOME/.netscape/cookies) and I think - though I'm not
certain - that the domain part of the cookie changed...

Thanks for the help, sorry it was a bit of a red herring,

Simon

--
Simon Greaves				voice: (+679) 212114
Computer Centre				fax:   (+679) 304089