Squid and External NAT BOX

From: Suresh Ganu <suresh.ganu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:44:11 -0500

Hello :

I am currently using Squid2.2Stable3 on a RedHat5.2 system with a FWTK
system as the parent to the Internet.

I would like to replace the FWTK, and use an External NAT type Box, called
GNATBOX.

Set up will be: Clients ---> Squid ---> NAT BOX ---> Internet via
ISDN

Questions are can squid act directly with the Internet without any parent?
Does the NAT Box need any specific additional software?

I vaguely remember some requirements.. Squid FAQ's don't have much about
external NAT type box