Re: Squid and External NAT BOX

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 01:33:32 +0200

Suresh Ganu wrote:

> Questions are can squid act directly with the Internet without
> any parent?

Yes, it is the normal mode of operation.

> Does the NAT Box need any specific additional software?

Probably not.

> I vaguely remember some requirements.. Squid FAQ's don't
> have much about external NAT type box

That is because there is not much to say about it in conjunction with
Squid. To the NAT box Squid is like any other "user" on the network, it
doesn't care if Squid is a proxy, and Squid doesn't care if there is a
NAT box in the path.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker