Re: cookie problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:45:31 +0200

Simon Greaves wrote:

> It's true that the site logon does now work, and I understand why it now
> works since squid will not cache the dynamic stuff hence will re-request
> the asp page. Presumably the reason it didn't work before was not an
> issue with squid, but rather the website's implementation, ie squid had
> no way of knowing it should contact the remote site.

Sounds like it.

Pages with private content (i.e. session cookies) must contain

Cache-Control: private
(or any stronger non-cacheability directive)

A note from the other point of view is that you should NOT have a
refresh_pattern setting with a min age other than 0 unless you know what
you are doing, or you are likely to cache dynamic pages not designed for
caching.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker